Hi, I am interested in using growth book for feature flagging and A/B testing and I have some questions
• How package Starter, Pro and Enterprise work in self-hosting and how to choose them there ?
• Can single experiment have 2 separate results on 2 different periods ? For example, I have experiment "A" and I want to run it for first result on Sep 13th - Sep 15th and for the second result on Sep 17th - 19th
• Does growth book come with Bayesian method by default ?
• I have choices between Redshift and Athena. Which one should I use to integrate with growth book if my focus are scalability and performance ?
09/13/2023, 3:09 AM
Hi Kiart, welcome 👋
• the self-hosted open source version is essentially the Starter version, though without the seat limits. You can upgrade the self-hosted versions to the 2 paid plan levels, Pro and Enterprise, with a license key
• Yes, there are actually a few ways to do this. We have a notion of ‘phases’ which can be used to date limit experiments. You can also do ad-hoc reports to adjust the dates
• Yes, Bayesian is the default engine (and we have Frequentist and Sequential too)
• Performance is a bit hard to judge - I’ve seen good results from both. I have a gut feeling that Redshift might be better, but there are so many variables and ways to optimize data with partitions and indexes, this usually is the larger factor for optimizations.
09/13/2023, 3:14 AM
Thank you @fresh-football-47124 That helps a lot ! I will look into license key, phases and partitions and indexes.
09/13/2023, 3:15 AM
if you’re just testing it out, you can click on the lower left button to get a trial of GrowthBook Enterprise