Looking into using GrowthBook in our project. I have a few questions that i didn't find answers to immediately as I was reading through the docs
2. I'd like to save a reference in the logs of the exact state of featureflags when some events happen so that I later can go back and determine what set of settings was used. Do i have to dump all the flags myself, or is there a way to get a key that I can use to lookup retroactively in growthbook what the settings were at the time of the key was created?
3. What is the intended local development workflow. If a developer is working on a new feature and needs to add the feature flag, do they do that in a local instance, or directly into the growthbook system that is used in prod? And how would they test the feature flag for themself, by targeting their own user id? Or is there a better way to test feature flags locally on an individual level?
10/09/2023, 5:40 PM
1. As long as the attributes are the same, the SDKs will assign the same variation regardless of the language. Alternatively you can choose to save state.
2. There are a few ways to do this - you can use the Rule tester for quick verification from the feature flag page. You can also use the API and run through the same assignment information to see where they are assigned.
3. We typically see people use a ‘development’ environment for testing features that are shared between the dev team. You can use a separate account, but that seems more error prone, but I can see reasons why you might want to isolate dev environments.